Last Updated: June 2, 2021
1. Personal Information We Collect
We may collect Personal Information about you from the different sources listed below. In this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our Site if that information is necessary to provide you with its functionalities or if we are legally required to collect it.
Information Provided by You
Correspondence and other communications. When you contact us via email or by other means, you may provide us with Personal Information, such as name, email address, mailing address, company, title or role and the contents and nature of your correspondence with us.
Email alerts. When you sign up on our Site to receive our email or RSS alerts, you may provide us with your email address and an indication of your interest in our company (e.g., through selecting preferred alert type).
Careers. If you decide that you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide on your resume, such as your education and employment experience. You may also apply through LinkedIn. If you do so, we will collect the information you make available to us on LinkedIn.
Information Collected via Automated Means
Cookie information. We automatically collect information about your online activities via cookies and similar technologies (collectively “Cookies”) in your browser. Such Personal Information may include device or usage information such as your browser type, operating system version, domain, IP address, the URL of the page that referred you, referring/exit pages and information about your interactions with our Site (such as the time of your visit to our Site, page views, where you have clicked and Site traffic trends).
We use session Cookies to allow you to move quickly and easily on the Site (e.g., from page to page) without having to authenticate on each new area you visit; these Cookies disappear once you close your browser. We also use persistent Cookies, which stay in your browser and allow us to recognize you when you return to the Site. To learn more about Cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use the following Cookies:
- Essential Cookies. These Cookies are necessary in order for the Site to operate. For example, we use essential cookies to ensure that the contents of the Site pages load quickly and effectively. Without these, we may not be able to provide you with certain functionalities.
|JSESSIONID||NewRelic||Monitors browser load time for website performance.||Session|
|DrupalVisitorMobile (only deployed on the ‘Investors’ pages)||Akamai.com||Determines whether the visitor is originating from a mobile device, and routes the visitor to a mobile-version if applicable.||Session|
|GZIP, XXXX%5F0 (only deployed on the ‘Investors’ pages)||HIS Markit||Enables viewing of the stock chart.||Session|
|s_cc||Adobe.com||Determine if cookies are enabled.||Session|
|s_sq||Adobe.com||Remembers the last link clicked within the Site by the visitor.||Session|
|s_vi||Adobe.com||Collecting information about how the visitor uses the Site.||2 years|
How Can You Block Cookies?
You can withdraw your consent at any time by deleting placed Cookies and disabling Cookies in your browser, or as explained below. You can change your browser settings to block or notify you when you receive a Cookie, delete Cookies or browse our Site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to adjust or modify your browser settings.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Marketing. We use your email address to provide you with relevant email alerts.
- Communicating with you. We use your contact details to contact you for administrative purposes (e.g., to provide services and information that you request or to respond to comments and questions).
- We may use information from cookies to provide, maintain, improve and enhance our Site.
- We use your Personal Information to enforce this Policy or our Terms of Service, defend our legal rights and to comply with our legal obligations and internal policies.
We may also use your Personal Information for other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the Information is collected.
3. Legal Grounds
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom (“UK”) or Switzerland (“Europe”), we only process your Personal Information based on a valid legal ground, including:
- Legal obligation.We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, for example to comply with regulatory reporting, tax and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate interest.We or a third party may have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information, in particular for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Site. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
4. When We Share Information
We may disclose Personal Information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- Service providers.We work with third party service providers to operate our Site, IT-hosting and maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your Personal Information as part of providing those services for us.
- Analytics partners.We use analytics services to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources.
- We may disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies. We also reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of our Site and any facilities or equipment used to make our Site available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights, including to enforce our agreements, or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users, including Personal Information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
5. Your Rights and Choices
Marketing opt out. You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time by following the instructions contained within such communications, but you may still receive administrative messages from us regarding our Site.
European Privacy Rights. If you are located in Europe, you have the right to ask for an overview of the Personal Information we process about you, and for a copy of your Personal Information. In addition, you may request us to update and correct inaccuracies, delete your Personal Information, restrict processing of your Personal Information, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In some cases, you may object to the processing of your Personal Information and where we have asked you for your consent to process your Personal Information, you can withdraw it at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal. The above rights may be limited under applicable law. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner (for UK residents) or the EEA supervisory authority of your residence, place of work or where the incident took place (for EEA residents).
6. Children’s Privacy
Our Site is not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you learn that a child has provided us with Personal Information in violation of this Policy, please contact us as indicated at the end of this policy.
7. Third-Party Sites
Our Site may contain links to other websites operated by third parties and may include social media features such as Facebook and Twitter buttons (such as “Like,” “Tweet” or “Pin”). These third-party websites may collect information about you if you click on a link and the social media websites may automatically record information about your browsing behavior every time you visit a website that has a social media button. Your interactions with these features are governed by those third parties’ privacy policies, not by this Policy. We do not control what Personal Information these third parties collect. Please review your privacy settings on your social media websites and think carefully before clicking on links which may direct you to a third-party website.
8. Information Security
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of Personal Information that we collect and maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
9. Data Retention
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
10. Cross-Border Data Transfers
We may transfer your Personal Information to countries other than the country where you are located, including to the U.S. or any other country in which we or our service providers maintain facilities. If you are located in Europe or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer your Personal Information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
We may also transfer your Personal Information to countries for which adequacy decisions have been issued, use contractual protections for the transfer of Personal Information or to organizations which have implemented EU binding corporate rules, where applicable. If you are located in Europe, you may contact us as specified below to obtain a copy of the safeguards we use to transfer Personal Information outside of Europe.
11. Changes to this Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in our privacy practices. If we modify this Policy, we will indicate the date of the latest revision at the top of this policy. If we materially change the ways in which we use or share Personal Information previously collected from you through the Site, we will notify you through the Site, by email, or other communication.
12. Our Contact Information
ALX Oncology Inc. is the entity responsible for the processing of your Personal Information. If you have any questions about this Policy, our privacy practices, or if you would like to exercise your rights with respect to your Personal Information, please contact us by email via firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing to ALX Oncology Inc., 323 Allerton Avenue, South San Francisco, CA 94080.